The Decloration of My Diary: MY DAILY PLEDGE

I am who I am, and I LOVE ME, IN ALL OF MY UNIQUENESS, for who I am now and was created to be, and on THIS DAY I choose to LIVE TO THE FULLEST! With no regrets, I will make one step today for my future tomorrow. I will "FORGET the mistakes AND CONTINUE to PRESS FORWARD TOADY for the PRIZE".







Monday, February 1, 2010

Brown Girl vs ME: Its ON!

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
Alright, soooo here it is! Today marks the beginning of this thing I call "change!" Now I am not too familiar with anyone who like or even enjoys "change" but I've decided to give it a try. I've decided to give my life, attitude, perspective, and future a body lift. Now instead of investing in a multimillion dollar cosmetic procedure, that I cannot afford right now, I figured I'd follow what I know I was supposed to do a long time ago, and simply journal my way with so many other through this process. In these next few days, weeks, months, years, and all I will be sharing my story, my struggle, my highs, lows, and the MANY revelations and impartations of wisdom about life, changing, and growing and maturing into who I am destined to become. This is simply an introduction to what this means and has the potential to become for not just me, but for those of you who are IN THE CHANGE, ABOUT TO COME INTO IT, and ESPECIALLY THOSE WAITING ON THE SIDELINE! I pray this is a moment where I not only share my heart and have VM's (vulnerable moments) with you, but where you also keep me accountable and share your successes, wisdom, support, and healthy recipes with me, as I become more like the person I fell I am! I look forward to this journey, and i promise to be as open, honest, vulnerable and consistent as possible!I mean seeing that I have posted pics of my BOOOODY in tights on here! And I can promise you there will be times of celebrations and accomplishments, failure, mistakes, cheating, attitudes, excuses, and soooooo much more, but overall I am committed to seeing where this goes, and how my faithfulness will pay off not just on a different outside (which is not the prize) but with much persistence and freedom from what has held me bound for years! I love ya and look forward to seeing where the plight of the brown girl takes me!THIS IS IT! (Kirk Franklin is the beginning theme song)

- ABBG

5 comments:

  1. Phi,
    I am so proud of you! Your struggles are no different that my struggles and others. I love to eat, food can be my companion at times. I laugh about it and joke, but I want to see myself changed as well. I am 230lbs and yy goal is 200lbs (that's the prize) but I never pursued it. I know you will be an encouragement and will help us all see that whether is it weight or something else, we all need to temper our desires and live a life of self control.

    I believe in you and I know you will make it happen. Don't give up, even after you have given up. Keep going and keep pressing on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not just going to follow you. I am going to take this journey with you. I wanted to plunge into weight loss surgery but my family was not going to stand for it. I have been on every diet know to mankind and have had great success for a short period of time. I am sick of investing money into others pocket when I know what needs to be done. So I applaud you and will be joining you on starting this journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here!! I am going to take this journey with you! You are so encouraging and such a blessing!!!! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Phi, I am so in. I have been on this roller coaster myself for more years than you, I now have a friend that I cantake this journey with. I am here and I know you will be there for me. We can do it! We are strong - we are brown, mocha, pecan, women of color. Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phi!!! We all got the same struggles girl so we're def in this thing together!!! I admire your transparency and I'm inspired to do the same. I've been up and down with my weight/body image, money management, and spirituality for far too long. I'm ready for some consistency and a lifestyle change so let's get it girl! This is It is my jam by the way. Can we say theme song??? I'm doing Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace plan so holla at me if you want more info- def love to share!

    ReplyDelete